- How to transfer a domain to crazydomains
- This is not a post about web hosting that’s different
- Simple steps to regain control
- Go to crazydomains.com.au and select transfer domain from main menu at crazydomains.com.au
- Enter the domain you want to transfer to crazydomains.com.au
- Click on add to cart on next screen
- Enter the password for the domain name, a critical step when learning how to transfer a domain to crazydomains
- Wait for email confirmation
- Now wait up to 7 days for the transfer to complete
- I hope you have enjoyed learning how to transfer a domain to crazydomains
How to transfer a domain to crazydomains
When you got your website did you register the domain name yourself? If you left it to the web developer you need to regain control as one day you may part ways and then it gets hard to sort out.
It’s like buying a car and registering it in the car dealers name, its yours so it needs to be registered in YOUR name.
This is not a post about web hosting that’s different
Think of domain hosting as a just a place where your web address is registered, no files live there. The actual website files are store with your web host company.
I have written a post about that called ‘Why use mediatemple.net web hosting‘
Simple steps to regain control
A quick step by step guide on how to transfer a domain to crazydomains you have previously registered with another domains company or the web developer who built you website.
Go to crazydomains.com.au and select transfer domain from main menu at crazydomains.com.au
Enter the domain you want to transfer to crazydomains.com.au
here is the page you end up on which you could go straight to if you wanted to skip the previous step http://www.crazydomains.com.au/domain-names/transfer/
Click on add to cart on next screen
Enter the password for the domain name, a critical step when learning how to transfer a domain to crazydomains
This is the password that you would have been emailed when registering the domain name originally.
If you don’t have it you will need to request it from the previous domain hosting company
Wait for email confirmation
After the correct password has been accepted the email address you used to originally register the domain name with will be send an email to confirm the transfer. You need to click on a link to approve the transfer. This is the last step in how to transfer a domain to crazydomains.
Now wait up to 7 days for the transfer to complete
It takes time to do theses transfers, up to 7 days in fact. The good thing about crazydomains.com.au is they copy the settings from the old domain host so if you had the domain pointing to some web hosting those details will be duplicated.
For the technical people: the nameserver settings are also copied over so that there is no downtime for the domain name or email acounts.