I thought it would be helpful to all the iphone users out there to hear about how people are dealing with the iphone battery life.
I bought a Mophie Juice pack from here
The before photo
I now recharge my iphone every 2 days instead of daily and I use it a lot.
Cost: $99 USD
Shipping: $57.94 USD US to Australia with UPS Worldwide Expedited service
which took about 4 days to arrive.
Australian Supplier located: www.streetwise.com.au for $169.95 plus shipping. They are located in Melbourne. Phone: (03) 9818 2100.
Battery Life: 2 days when using the juice pack and iphone together.
- put the iphone into the battery pack and attach the charge cable supplied to
a usb port or iphone charger usb port and charge both at once. The iphone
gets priority charges and then the battery pack
- once detached from the charger the battery pack gets used first leaving
the iphone full until the battery pack starts getting used.
- I tend to leave the iphone in the battery pack unless I really need the slim
size of the iphone in my jeans pocket.
- After 4 months it is still going strong, I get about the same battery life as when it was new.
- some signs of wear and tear on corners of body
- side soft rubber strips had the glue go soft, so I removed them and cleaned
‘most of’ the glue residue off
- occasionally while charging or being used the iphone starts rapidly switching between
its own battery and the battery pack, it passes after a minute or I just lift
the iphone out and put it back in. This is maybe a weekly occurance.
The after photo
Conclusion: I would definately buy another one if I got a new iphone. Yes it does show
wear after 3 months of heavy use, but the peace of mind of having plenty of battery life
anytime at my disposal is important to me.
- Another great review that helped me decide to buy it in the first place is here by
Wayne Shultz from www.geardiary.com with the slightly older looking
design. The raised bit where the iphone connects has a smaller sleeker gap.
- link to this battery pack on mophie website is here
Thanks to Tony from iphonelomo.com whose comment below mentions another option which he is currently using I hadn’t heard about.
The InCase Powerslider. InCase website link here currently selling for $US79.95.
Can’t see it available in any Australian stores as yet but InCase regular cases are stocked everywhere so here’s hoping the extended battery option makes it here too. Otherwise it would be another overseas shipping mission as was the Mophie.
If anyone knows of an Australian distributor please contact me and I will add it to this post.